By Bible Memory | March 12, 2010
How would you respond to this question?
Is a person “saved” when they read the Bible and know a lot of verses by memory?
So then, what exactly must you believe to be saved? In your heart you must believe the following:
- I have broken God’s law; therefore, I stand guilty before Him.
- There must be punishment for my sin; God’s eternal justice demands it.
- The Lord Jesus came into the world to provide a way by which, without dishonoring God’s justice, my sin may be forgiven.
- Christ became my substitute. He stood in my place and was punished with my punishment. He endured the wrath of God for me.
- I, the guilty one, trust Him as my Savior. My faith lies only in what He did for me—I can add nothing to it of my own. It is all a gift from Him and I do receive it as such.
- By this gift of salvation, all my sins are removed, and God considers me pure and righteous.
Memorizing God’s Word is a good thing but “works” alone won’t save you…
No related posts.